Restorer of Peace

Restorer of Peace

Who is the Restorer of Peace?

I have worked in field Women's Holistic Wellness for over 15 years and I specialize in coaching women to spiritual and emotional wholeness. I conduct Wellness Workshops, Transformative One-on-One Coaching, Sister Circles, Sister Sweats, Fitness Activities and an upcoming training on "Dismantling the Myth of the Strong Black Woman". I am committed to equipping women with the truth of who they are and empowering them to act on that knowledge.

29 April 2010

Fastgirls

My birthday gift to myself this year was to get to the bottom of who I wanted to be when I grew up. I’ve read books, attended seminars, prayed, meditated – you name it. All of this was in pursuit of finding out what I am here to do? The fact is, there was nothing wrong with my meditations, my prayers were heard, the seminars and books were well worth their money – it was all about timing and preparation. My angst, yearnings, questions, stretching, musings, had been dilated at the time that this Fastgirls 90-Day Challenge emerged. It was the right time.

The fact is, I was attempting to do this without community. Community challenges you, affirms you, engages you, holds you accountable, convicts you, nurtures you, cheers you on, propels you. Such is the nature of a transformative community; its members must simply commit to the process and be for others what they want for themselves. Fastgirls proved to be just that. Our community has propelled me to do the self-discovery because I was affirmed by each womb-man’s self-discovery.

Our community and this challenge has pressed me to live in the now. I now know and work up out of the premise that there is no better time to realize my dreams, to tap into the power within me, to make the small steps to my larger goals than NOW. This challenge and Jullien Gordon’s book, The 8 Cylinders of Success, has helped me to live more intentionally; each day is purposed by moving closer and closer to my purpose. I am no longer spending ripe moments waiting for answers about my purpose, but I am using those prime moments to practice what I know is my purpose daily, weekly, monthly. Moving from living by default to living intentionally is a gift from this community that I unwrap daily.

Celebrating my birthday has always been something very special to me. I enjoy the attention and I am always eager to see how they express their love for me. I’m not too picky about gifts but no matter how big or small, they make me feel good about the giver and myself. This gift that I’ve given myself this year is a gift that I will continue to unwrap as the experience of this challenge is dynamic! In fact, it is like a birthday for all of us! This challenge has been the birthing of our possibilities, our dreams, our gifts, our power, our creativity, our connectivity, our purpose. This gift that I’ve given myself this year, this Fastgirls gift, has made me feel good about myself and the power that lies within me. This gift has made me feel good about you and the possibilities that lie within you. This gift has made me feel good about the power that community has in my life and the world. This gift has made me feel good about being a womb-man, goddess and co-creator. This gift has made me feel good about the effect that WE will have on the world.

It will never be the same!!! Happy Birthday, Fastgirls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts: