Restorer of Peace

Restorer of Peace

Who is the Restorer of Peace?

I have worked in field Women's Holistic Wellness for over 15 years and I specialize in coaching women to spiritual and emotional wholeness. I conduct Wellness Workshops, Transformative One-on-One Coaching, Sister Circles, Sister Sweats, Fitness Activities and an upcoming training on "Dismantling the Myth of the Strong Black Woman". I am committed to equipping women with the truth of who they are and empowering them to act on that knowledge.

27 October 2010

Can ANYTHING Good Come Out of Being vulnerable???

When you hear that word, what happens?
What image, word, thought, comes to mind?

Can you think of a situation in your life where you've been vulnerable and the result was positive? Why? What made you feel like you could be vulnerable?

What would your life be like if you were more vulnerable?

How would it affect your family? friends? children? mother? father? mate? husband?

Could you, would you be vulnerable enough to leave a comment?

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY. There are so many good things that can come our of being vulerable! I get it though, the denotations and connotations for vulnerable can appear negative at first glance. See the dictionary definitions below:

    1: capable of being physically or emotionally wounded
    2: open to attack or damage : assailable
    3: liable to increased penalties but entitled to increased bonuses after winning a game in contract bridge

    But let's focus on the latter portion of definition #3, "entitled to increased bonuses after winning." That says to me, if I open myself of to the possibility of pain, I open my self up to great opportunity as well.

    When we allow ourselves to be vulnerable, exposed, open we give ourselves the opportunity to be MORE. We also allow others to whom we are exposed the opportunity to do and be more. We have a lot to lose in vulnerablity but more to gain.

    But that is just my opinion.

    INjoy,
    dionne

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts: